This is a great meal for pasta lovers, with a good pasta replacement. The beans have fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin B6, and phytonutrient content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health. The tender blend of flavors with freshly squeezed lemon juice is carefully chosen to make this dish incredibly delicious and fresh, lemon juice is perfect to keep the alkaline balance good in the body. Nutritional yeast is rich in vitamin B12 and other vitamins and minerals, its natural flavor is like cheese. Still you can enjoy some of your favourite flavors but you can also get a great nutritional boost!
Black bean pasta with roasted fennel, lemon and Parmesan. Gluten free and vegan
A great alternative to pasta, light and fresh!
- 200 gr black bean pasta
- 3 fennel bulbs
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 3 shallots
- 2 + 2 TBSP oil of choice (me-avocado oil)
- 1 lemon (juice & zest)
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°
- Chop the fennel into halves, and then quarters
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and drizzle 2 TBSP of oil. Place the fennel and season with salt, pepper and oregano. Bake for 30-40 min or until crisp.
- Roughly chop the shallots and sweat for 5 min. Add the garlic and lemon zest, leave for another 5 min.
- Cook the pasta for about 7-9 min.
- Drain the pasta and divide it into 3-4 portions, then add the baked fennel and the other mixture.
- Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon juice a generous pinch of nutritional yeast and fresh green fennel. (left over bulb tops)
If you enjoyed this dish give us a like, share it with your friends or post it on. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.
Thanks and enjoy!