I love this aromatic mushroom meal! Its beautifully light but also filling.
Here I have presented this as a toast topper but it works very well as a great side dish. At home I am preparing this dish as an afternoon snack, light lunch or just if we are feeling peckish.
Its based on a cauliflower puree which is a plain, very low-calorie veggie, it nicely absorbs the flavors from the other ingredients. This give the meal a great creamy texture, beautifully blended with the other aromatic vegetables – mushrooms with thyme and roasted toms with basil.
Vegetables that are low in calories and full of nutrition, and rye toast packed with fibers! It will blow your mind! Enjoy.
Please share this with your friends, they might like it and give us a like if you found this recipe lovely jubbly 🙂
Aromatic mushrooms with roasted cherry tomatoes on rye toast
Creamy light plant-based toast topper.
- 1/4 cauliflower chopped into 2 cm cubes
- 2 TBSP tahini
- handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP nutritional yeast
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 plum or cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- handful of fresh chopped basil
- 1 TBSP coconut oil for the mushrooms
- 6-8 organic mushrooms
- 2-3 spring onions + a bit for decoration
- 1 tsp thyme
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°c
- Roast the tomatoes with basil, splash of oil, salt & pepper to taste, for 30 min
- Steam the cauliflower for 15 min and mash it with the tahini, fresh parsley, nutritional yeast plus a pinch of salt & pepper
- In a splash of coconut oil fry the mushrooms with the thyme for 10 min, add the spring onions or finely chopped chives and cook for 5 more min
- Mix the mushrooms with the cauliflower mixture and roasted tomatoes, serve on a good quality slice of toasted rye bread
- Decorate with left over spring onions or chives.. and enjoy! 🙂
If you enjoyed this dish give us a like, share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.