You will be truly enchanted with this tapioca vegan shortbread!
They are gluten free, vegan and refined sugar free. The spices chosen for these cookies were an inspiration from an old forgotten Lancashire recipe called “Tosset Cakes” they are incredibly fine. They simply melt in the mouth, actually “melting” is not the word dissolving is better!
This dissolving comes from the fine tapioca flour I’ve used, with mind to reach this result. Tapioca is very low in protein and gluten free which is perfect for people on a light diet, vegans, clean eaters or people with allergies, or just for anyone who wants a taste of magic!
All butter vegan tapioca shortbread
A fresh melt in the mouth pleasure
- 125 g tapioca flour
- 80 g coconut butter
- 40 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp caraway
- 1 tsp coriander
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Pre heat the oven to 150°c
- Sift the tapioca, ground all of spices in a high speed blender, caraway, coriander, coconut sugar and salt
- Mix the dry ingredients for about 5 min
- Line a baking try with parchment paper
- Form even balls and gently push them down to form the crack in the shortbread
- Bake for about 8 min, depending on the thickness of your cookies and your oven. Colour should be lightly golden. My suggestion is when you start to smell them keep them in for 2 more minutes and their ready!
If you liked this vegan shortbread recipe please share it with your friends they might like it to, or simply follow us on social media for more great recipes!