These veggie burgers are a perfect balance of proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals.
Black bean is known as a super food, its high in antioxidants , a good protector against diabetes, cancer and cholesterol.
The vegetables are beautifully balanced in this dish, making it lighter with fewer calories but still remaining totally delicious and healthy.
I chose one interesting ingredient here – mint. Mint perfectly compliments the other spices, it doesn’t stop there, it also helps to break down the fats in the food while supporting the digestive system and gives a unique freshness to the dish!
Black bean vegan veggie burgers with fresh mint
Delicious healthy vegan burgers!
- 1 tin of organic black beans
- 1 courgette (peeled)
- 1/2 aubergine
- 2 spring onions
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3 TBSP ground flax seeds mixed with 9 TBSP water
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of cumin
- pinch of chilli powder
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 1 TBSP salt (or to taste)
- Pre heat oven to 180°c
- Mix the ground flax seeds with water until well incorporated
- Peel the courgette and aubergine and chop into 2 cm cubes
- Roughly chop the spring onion
- Rinse and drain your black bean well
- Put all of your ingredients (except oats) into a food processor and mix for about 2-3 min
- Add the oats and mix for 30 more sec
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lightly brush with oil of choice
- Form even balls ( easier if you use a big spoon)
- Bake for about 40 min and serve with fresh-cut veggies and a bowl of fresh salad
If you liked this dish share it with your friends they might enjoy it! Follow us on social media for more great dishes!