Dairy free mushroom soup! Clean and full of nutrition, a nice veggie and spice mix!
Traditional mushroom soup is full of dairy products (milk,butter) and your probably thinking…. yeah, thats what makes it so delicious.. how can it be delicious without it. Well…That why I am here, to show you its absolutely possible with the correct combination of veggies and a nice blend of herbs & spices! Rich, but so light and delicate. Very aromatic, this is our new age healthy vegan dairy free mushroom soup, low in calories and full in delicious flavor!
Dairy free mushroom soup with béchamel and celeriac
A creamy mushroom low calorie vegan soup
- 1/2 can of coconut milk
- 1 heaped TBSP of tapioca flour
- 3 shallots
- 1/2 leak
- 250 g mushrooms of choice
- 1/2 celeriac (peeled and chopped into 2 cm cubes)
- 2 TBSP oil (myself – avocado oil)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt & black pepper to taste
- Heat the coconut milk on low temp. Stir until the cream and liquid are incorporated
- In a tea cup mix the tapioca flour with 2-3 TBSP cold water ( this will help to prevent lumps in the sauce)
- In a saucepan with oil sweat the shallots and leeks with the herbs and spices for about 5 min
- Roughly chop the mushrooms and add them in the saucepan with the onions for a further 5 min
- In the meantime pour the tapioca mixture into the hot coconut milk
- Stir occasionally until thick (about 5 min)
- Now its time to add your pre-cut celeriac to the other vegetables
- Cover with hot water (2-3 mugs)
- Boil for 30 min or until celeriac is soft, add your “béchamel sauce and blend the sauce
- Serve with pieces of cooked mushrooms, fresh squeeze of lemon juice, black pepper, fresh thyme or another topping of your choice.
If you enjoyed this dairy free mushroom soup share it with your friends and follow us on social media for more great healthy recipes.