I can personally guarantee this detox tomato soup will beat most of the other toms soups hands down! Its a beautiful blend of fresh ginger, fresh basil, turmeric and garlic, plus a few extra herbs and spices to make the taste tender and mild.
Its gorgeously thick and full to the brim with nutrients. Its perfect if you are on a detox plan or another type of cleaning diet, or if you simply just love tomato soup like my husband!
Best detox tomato soup
Clean detox tomato soup, awesome
- 1-2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 TBSP freshly ground ginger
- 300 g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 6 big tomatoes (chopped into 1 inch cubes)
- 1 big onion (roughly chopped)
- 1/2 leek
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 TBSP fresh basil (or 2 tsp of dry)
- 1 TBSP oregano
- 1/3 tsp of chilli
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan put the coconut oil. Sweat onion and leak for about 10 min
- Add the ginger and the crushed garlic with all the dry seasonings
- Stir occasionally for about 5 more minutes
- Add 1 1/2 mugs of hot water and bring to the boil
- Add all of the tomatoes (If your soup requires more liquid fell free to add a bit more, but bare in mind the soup should be nicely thick). The lid should be on the saucepan all the time helping to keep the natural aroma, flavors and goodies from the veggies locked inside the soup.
- Add the fresh herbs 5 minutes before your soup is ready. (It will take 20-30 min- depending on the size of your pre-cut veggies and the ripeness of your toms)
- Its time for blending (smooth or chunky) its up to you)
- Finish with a garnish of chilli flakes, spring onion, seeds, black pepper or anything else you love. Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this detox tomato soup share it with your friends they might enjoy it too! follow us on social media for more great recipes.