Detox breakfast…. so easy! There is nothing more behind this word “detox” than eating clean, natural food. I’m sharing this lovely breakfast with you, its fruit based, sugar and sweetener free and totally delicious!
The sweet tastes are coming naturally from the bananas, apples and blueberries plus an extra sweet aroma from the great spice, cinnamon! A great combination of flavours, beetroot and ginger a popular clean foods, blueberries and apples are great antioxidants.
Juicy fresh, healthy, fruity and yummy, definitely worth a try!
Detox blueberry-apple breakfast with cinnamon and ginger
A healthy low calories metabolism friendly start to your day!
- 2 cups of oats
- 5 small apples
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 small beetroot
- 1 cup of frozen blueberries (plus a handful of fresh ones for decoration)
- 1 1/2 TBSP freshly ground ginger or 2 tsp powdered
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder (plus extra for dusting)
- 1 TBSP of poppy seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 150°c
- In a bowl mix together oats, cinnamon, poppy seeds and ginger
- In a food processor/blender put the beetroot, (peeled and roughly chopped) the bananas and 3 of the apples. Add a cup of water and blend until you reach a purée consistency
- Pour the liquid mixture into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well. Add half of the blueberries and stir a few more times
- Transfer into a pie dish or baking tray and add the rest of the apples (finely sliced) and the other half cup of blueberries
- Bake for about 40 min or until the apples on the top are nicely soft with golden edges
- Generously dust with powdered cinnamon and add some more fresh blueberries before you serve
If you enjoyed this detox breakfast dish, please give us a like and share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.