These cupcakes are the yummiest cupcakes I have ever had! Trust me when I say how great they are!
The recipe came as an after thought when I was making chocolate cake, for fun I thought id create some mini raspberry cupcakes with the left over mixture, and boy I’m glad I did, funny how you can discover something great when experimenting in the kitchen!
The secret for the moistness in the cake is the muscovado sugar. This is why it’s so important not to replace this ingredient with another sugar. The cream… Oooo the cream… You can actually taste the white chocolate in the topping, and mixed with the raspberry it is divine! Who said vegan food was boring?!
Enjoy these cupcakes guys and keep an eye out for the chocolate cake with white chocolate cream!
Moist chocolate vegan cupcakes with white chocolate - raspberry cream
A healthy vegan cupcake, refined sugar-free, still totally delicious
For the cake
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup of muscovado sugar
- 200 g coconut cream
- 30 g coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cream
- 40 gr. of cacao butter
- 40 gr. xylitol
- 100 gr. coconut cream
- 1/3 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP of raspberries (frozen or fresh)
- for decoration – organic raw dark chocolate and fresh raspberries
- Pre heat the oven to 150°c
- In a bowl mix together vanilla extract, flour, cacao powder and baking soda
- In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients, muscovado, coconut cream and coconut oil.
- Mix together both of the mixtures until well incorporated
- Fill 1/2 of the paper cake cases with the mixture and bake for between 15-25 minutes (depends of the size you choose 12 normal 24 mini)
- For the cream, In a double boiler melt the cacao butter on a low heat
- In the meantime, in a high-speed blender pulse the xylitol sugar until powdered
- Whip the coconut cream with 2/3 of powdered xylitol add the vanilla powder and lemon juice, whip until firm
- Slowly pour the melted cacao butter into the coconut cream and continue whipping
- Split the white chocolate cream in two bowls
- In a small saucepan put the raspberries with the rest of the xylitol on a low heat and stir occasionally until mashed, around 5 min
- Mix the raspberry jam with one part of the white chocolate cream
- Leave to cool down in the freezer and top your cupcakes with cream and decoration of choice
If you enjoyed these cupcakes give us a like and share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes!