Pancakes with kale..? This isn’t a pancake..! It’s actually super food. I created this meal with inspiration from my friend Rossi’s pancakes with spinach. She said ” try these ones they are heavenly” I said “green pancakes” no.. I wasn’t that interested when she said about the spinach, but she assured me they were awesome.
Okay let’s try this, so I did and what a surprise they were! Great, I couldn’t believe it.. Thanks Rossi! This is how I created my Kale and flax-seed pancakes.
So.. I can guarantee it’s not just healthy food it’s absolutely more than this you’re getting fibres from flax seeds and splet flour, you are getting omega 3 and 6 plus a lot more variety of nutrients from every single ingredient. If you match it with one of my jams this is the best energy kick for the day!!
Powerful breakfast for powerful people, very suitable for young kids as well! Enjoy this super-duper healthy treasure.
Vegan kale and splet flour pancakes with fresh homemade cranberry & blueberry jam
Super food based pancakes with great homemade jam
- 1 mug of spelt flour
- 3 TBSP of ground flax seeds mixed with 9 TBSP of water
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 cup of kale
- 1 TBSP of maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 ½ – 2 mugs of water
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for the frying pan)
- A handful of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of jam (click here for cranberry and blueberry jam)
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, mix the flour, flax seeds, banana, salt, sweetener and 1½ cups of water for about 1 minute
- If it’s too thick add more water until its thick like tomato purée for example
- Add the kale to the blender along with a splash of water. Blend for 2-3 minutes
- When you reach the required consistency put a frying on a medium heat and lightly brush with coconut oil
- Wait for a few minutes until hot, pour a bit of the mixture into the pan to form a pancake
- When its ready on one side flip it over for a few more minutes
- Serve with a generous dollop of jam and fresh blueberries
You might find the first one or two pancakes or not the best but after that they are fine. Ideally if you have time leave the mixture to stand for ½ hour before you start cooking.
If you enjoyed these vegan pancakes give us a like and share them with your friends, follow us on social media for more great recipes!