A perfect choice of meal if your on a cleaning diet, detox lentils, great for weight loss or if you just fancy a healthy, nutritional and fibre packed meal.
Celeriac is beautifully light vegetable a great detox ingredient along with ginger, chili and turmeric, some of the top detox spices. The lentils are full of fibres and so important for our energy/protein. Jump on the winners wagon with this great dish, everyone who tries this dish will admire your culinary skills!
The ultimate detox lentil bowl
A great hearty bowl of detox lentils tangy and spicy
- ½ bowl green lentils (pre-soaked overnight)
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium sized carrot
- 1 large onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ mugs of celeriac
- splash of oil (your choice)
- 3 tsp turmeric
- 2 TBSP freshly grated ginger
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- salt to taste
- Peel the onion, garlic, carrot and celeriac and finely chop them
- In a saucepan drizzle some oil of choice and on a medium heat sweat the onion for about 5 minutes
- Add the garlic, carrot, salt, turmeric and chilli for 5 more minutes
- Stir occasionally
- In the meantime wash the tomatoes and chop them into small pieces, pop them into the pan. Add the grated ginger as well. Keep the lid on and stir from time to time for around 10 minutes, or until mashed
- Add 2- 2½ bowls of boiled water
- Wash the lentils and drain well. Add it to the saucepan. After 10-15 minutes add the celeriac. Keep it on the stove for 15-20 minutes more or until soft
If you enjoyed these detox lentils give us a like and share it with your friends, follow us on social media for more great recipes.