Red velvet detox oatmeal, two huge antioxidants are included in this meal, this time strawberries and beetroot. I know what your thinking.. earthy beetroot, the strawberries aren’t that sweet, it maybe be healthy..but.. stop! Don’t think like this I managed to create a detox, healthy oatmeal baked dish with the beautiful flavour of essential oils, that will truly capture you!…a soft and tender texture with a lovely tasty flavour.
This is the new generation of detox food.. Bye bye boring healthy meals and welcome high standard, amazing food!
Red velvet detox baked oatmeal
Digestion friendly, strawberry and beetroot baked oatmeal
- 400 gr. frozen strawberries
- ½ juice of a lemon plus the zest
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 1 small beetroot (peeled)
- 2½ cups of oats
- ½ of raw chopped almonds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon essential oil
- 1 tsp almond essential oil
- 1 tsp rum essential oil (optional but recommended)
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- In a cup mix the lemon juice and baking soda
- In a high-speed blender or food processor blend the frozen strawberries and beetroot until its puréed
- In a bowl mix the oats, roughly chopped almonds, lemon zest, essential oils, soda mixture and the red purée
- In a pie dish put 2 TBSP of coconut oil and spread it around the bottom
- Pour the oatmeal into the dish and bake until golden
- Enjoy with a generous garnish of freshly chopped fruit
If you enjoyed this detox oatmeal give us a like, share it with your friends they might like it too! Follow us on social media for more great recipes.