Creamy detox soup! I really love a good tasty soup, on the other side I can’t stand unbalanced soups with no flavours or consistency.
Anyway… I created this soup when my husband was on his detox diet, I had my main chosen ingredients – (kale & cauliflower) super-foods, rich in nutrients, antioxidants etc and in the same time very, very low in calories. Perfect!
But how can one hard-working person be full with only that and to not be hungry after one hour? Lets be honest, it’s not possible for me!
Detox is a cleaning diet with comfort and balance as well… and here I am 🙂 I added some chickpeas – so healthy, rich in nutrients, important proteins for our health and fibres. And that’s it – the result: nice, creamy, thick and filling soup. Lovely for detox cleaning because its plant-based clean ingredients, and a perfect choice for daily family cooking.
Give yourself an extra kick of freshness with a generous squeeze of lime ( I love it with a lot). No matter how much lime juice you use there is no space for mistake, you will get extra antioxidants and energized freshness!
Creamy Detox Soup
A clean healthy low-calorie fiber rich soup.
- 2 cups of kale (stem removed)
- 1 medium-sized cauliflower (chopped in 2 cm squares)
- 1 can of organic chick peas
- 1 large onion
- 4 TBSP of ghee butter (or coconut butter)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cube of organic vegetable stock
- 1/2 lime-salt & black pepper to taste
- chilli flakes & fresh green herbs for serving
- Roughly chop onion, garlic and cauliflower
- In a saucepan sweat the onion in your butter of choice 5-10 min
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper for a further 5 min
- Add the cauliflower chunks, vegetable stock and cover with boiled water, the water should just cover the top of the cauliflower as we want a nice thick creamy consistency
- Simmer for 10-15 min
- Add the roughly chopped kale and chick peas then simmer for a further 10 min
- Blend the soup and serve with a generous squeeze of lime, top with chilli flakes and your choice of seasoning
If you enjoyed this creamy detox soup give us a like, share it with you friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.