Quinoa, know as a super food is one of the main ingredients in this recipe. Juicy tasty stuffed tomatoes, lovely aromatic veggies and quinoa full of protein, calcium and fiber!
Light, healthy, a truly yummy clean meal. Great for your clean eating lifestyle, family lunch or dinner or even if your trying to loose some weight. No matter what the reason this meal is a great choice!
Stuffed tomatoes with quinoa and veggies
A light super food meal packed in to a delicious baked tomato.
- 1 kg of tomatoes (6 medium sized)
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (pre soaked 4-6 hrs, washed and drained)
- 5 mediums sized carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 onion
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 handful of chives
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 3 tsp of ginger
- salt & black pepper to taste
- extra chives for decoration
- Chop the onion into small cubes
- In a saucepan put the coconut oil, add the onions all the herbs & spices, simmer for about 5 minutes
- Chop the garlic and add to the saucepan for another 5 min
- Add the quinoa with 1 cup of boiled water, leave it to simmer for about 15 min
- Chop the cauliflower and carrots into 1-2 cm cubes, steam for around 10 min then mix it with the quinoa mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Wash the tomatoes, cut of the tops and spoon out the insides (keep the inside and add them to the quinoa filling)
- Chop the parsley and chive then add it at the end.
Fill up the tomatoes, if you have something left over you can put it in between the toms for extra filling. Add about 1/2 cup of water around the tomatoes when baking, for 40-50 min.
If you liked these baked stuffed tomatoes give us a like or share them with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.