One of my families favourite chocolate cakes! If I say that it’s really really good. I haven’t tried a better vegan baked cake than this. So I can honestly recommend it to you. It’s really soft, a tad chewy and rich.
A great festive choice, and no need to feel to guilty when you eat a big slice. Its refined sugar-free, dairy free and egg free! Enjoy this really special cake treat for yourself your guests and your family.. They will be highly impressed with the real velvety tender feel and the amazing fine cream!
Chocolate festive cake with white chocolate raspberry cream
True velvet feeling cake.. more than any other
For the layers
- 2 tsp of vanilla powder (extract)
- 1 cup of muscovado DARK sugar
- 2 cups of splet flour
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup oil of choice
- 6 TBSP cacao powder
For the cream
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup xylitol powered in high-speed blender
- 50 g cacao butter
- 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 60 g of raw dark high quality grated chocolate
- extra fresh raspberries
- Pre heat the oven to 160°c
- In a bowl mix the flour, vanilla and cacao powder
- In another bowl mix all the wet ingredients and add the baking soda as well. Mix well and add the mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients
- Mix until well incorporated and transfer the mixture into a cake tray lined with parchment paper or 2 cake trays of the same size to make 2 layers
- Bake for 25-45 min depending on which option you have gone with for the trays. best way to check is with a wooden stick, push it into the cake and if it come out dry its ready.
- If you bake the cake in one baking tray wait for it to cool down before cutting it in to 2 layers. Be very careful, cut slowly the cake is soft and can break easily. I broke mine. I held it together with the filling and after firming up overnight it was fine.
- For the cream, put the thick part of the coconut milk into a saucepan on a low heat. In a cup mix the tapioca flour with the cold liquid part of the coconut milk, mix it well.
- Add the powdered xylitol to the tapioca mixture bit by bit to the saucepan with intense mixing
- In the meantime melt the cacao butter on a low heat. Continue with the coconut mixture and continue to stir all the time.
- When you begin to see lumps you are almost at the required consistency. Continue until a nice thick cream (5-10 min)
- Then add the cacao butter into the coconut and blend with hand blender until smooth and even consistency
- Divide the cream into 2 parts. In part 1 add the raspberries and mix by hand or blender ( smooth or thick )
- Assembling the cake, put a generous quantity of both of the creams on the first layer. Put the second layer on top and cover with the left over cream
- Generously grate raw dark chocolate all over the top and decorate with fresh raspberries. if you can manage it leave it in the fridge overnight to firm up.
If you enjoyed this festive cake give us a like, you might like to share it with your friends.. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.