Hi everyone, valentines day is fast approaching, so what better way of surprising your loved one with some really unique special sweet treats. They are so easy to prepare and they look like something from an expensive chocolatier boutique.
Dairy free, vegan and refined sugar free… You cant go wrong if you make these. I replaced the traditional powder dairy milk (which is the bad bit) with ground almond and created these amazing little beauties. Topped with colourful raw nuts and dry fruits they will be the star of your special dinner and memory.. unforgettable!
Dairy free white chocolate almond hearts
Rich and fruity bouquet of flavor infusion, who said white vegan chocolate didn't exist
- 60 g raw organic cacao butter
- 40 g xylitol (powdered)
- 25 g almond flour (organic is best)
- pistachios, goji berries, almonds, cacao nibs, coffee nibs, dried orange or lemon zest and all kinds of dry fruits
- Grate or finely chop the cacao butter
- In a high speed blender powder the xylitol for around 1 min
- On a very low heat in a double boiler put the cacao butter to melt, when its half way melted take it off the heat, stir continuously until its all melted. Transfer it into a high speed blender, add the powdered xylitol and almond flour. Blend for 1-2 min
- The best temperature for the chocolate to be molded is 28°c, but if you don’t have a thermometer transfer it in to a bowl and mix until it becomes gloppy, then quickly pour it in to your choice of silicone mold. I used molds for cupcakes. You have to be quick because the time between gloppy and thick is really short and if your not quick enough it might become to thick and you will have start the whole process again. If you have the thermometer – great! Check the temp of your almond chocolate mixture after the blender, it has to be between 40 – 42°.. if its less put it back in the bowl (double boiler) on a low heat for a couple of min.
- When you reach the required temp transfer to another bowl, be careful not to get any moisture in the chocolate, its very important for the consistency .
- Stir until it cools to 28°c and transfer into your chosen molds
- decorate with chopped nuts, different coloured dry fruits and leave to cool down to room temp for around 1 hr, share them with love with your special person.
If you enjoyed these dairy free white chocolate hearts give us a like, share them with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.