There are not enough words to explain how delicious this cake combination is, crunchy nut base with good quality dark lightly bitter rich chocolate mixed with delicate, velvety vegan white chocolate cream layer. Cherries in this recipe give a nice fruity and extra sweet taste in a natural way.
Chocolate ganache will give you a beautiful look of your cake and more intensive chocolate feel from the luxury treat. The cake is with no added refined, it’s paleo vegan and gluten free.
Eggs in these recipes are replaced with tapioca flour with loads of nutritional properties including vitamins and minerals, high in fiber and proteins. High-quality chocolate is very popular as its one of the best antioxidant foods. This is why I chose (and always prefer) raw because of the nutritional benefits, and the fact its a lot better for you then the cooked chocolate. Cherries chose for there antioxidant and nutritional properties plus as a natural sweetener and fresh fruity flavor. Hazelnuts are a beautiful match for the chocolate, it adds a unique crunchy texture rich in calcium and folate, great for pregnant women.
Vegan triple chocolate cake with cherries and hazelnuts
Delicate velvet taste, coated with an intense chocolate flavor
For the base
- 150 g hazelnuts (pre soaked over night)
- 100 g of organic raw dark chocolate
- a couple of extra spoons of sweetener (optional)
For the cream
- 100 g cacao butter (finely chopped or grated)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of xylitol
- 50 g of tapioca flour
- 100 g of frozen or fresh sweet cherries (stones removed)
- 100 g organic sweet morello cherries
For the ganache
- 50 g of raw dark chocolate
- 10 g maple syrup
- 20 g coconut cream
- Grate or finely chop the dark chocolate
- In a double boiler (on a low heat) put the chocolate to melt. Half way through take it off the heat and stir until all the chocolate has melted
- Rinse the hazelnuts
- In a high speed blender roughly crush the hazelnuts, then transfer into a bowl and mix it with the melted chocolate
- In a 7″ cake tin form your base with the pre-made mixture, use your hands to push lightly but firm enough to form an even bottom layer.
- Leave it to firm up and continue with the cream
- In another saucepan pour the coconut milk (just use the thick cream and save the liquid for later)
- Mix the tapioca flour with the leftover liquid coconut milk (use about 70 ml) mix until well incorporated
- Add xylitol into the saucepan with coconut milk, stir for about 2 min, slowly bit by bit add the tapioca mixture into the coconut milk stirring constantly. After a few minutes it will become lumpy, that’s fine continue stirring until you end up with smooth thick cream
- Add the cacao butter and continue to stir for a few more minutes until fully melted
- The cream should be smooth with even texture. If you didn’t end up with the required consistency use a hand blender for a few seconds to smooth it out
- Add the frozen and dry cherries and mix
- Transfer in to the cake tin and leave it to cool in the fridge for at least 4 hours (over night is best)
- Before serving grate the dark chocolate for the ganache.
- Heat up the coconut milk until hot
- Take it off the heat an add the chocolate and maple syrup, stir until well mixed
- When cooled take the sides off your cake tin and pour the chocolate ganache all over the top. Start from the middle and leave it to spread naturally.
- Decorate with fresh cherries at the end
If you enjoyed this cake give us a like and share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.