One of our favourite dishes, aromatic mushroom skewers! They are perfect for any special meal presentations. They are quick and easy, very colourful and very delicious dish.
A truly aromatic bouquet of onions, carrots, parsnips and peppers combined with fresh herbs thyme and rosemary. Also a light spicy note of (chili/cayenne), along with the unique taste of chestnut mushrooms.
The meal is a great choice for vegans and vegetarians. It will also excite the carnivore lover.
Use this great dish when you want that special someone dazzled with amazement, it is so quick and easy along with super colourful.. you can’t go wrong.
25 minute Mushroom skewers with veggies
Juicy baked mushrooms with fresh herbs and aromatic veggies
- 200 gr. of organic chestnut mushrooms
- 1 purple salad onion
- half a red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- half a big carrot finely sliced
- 1/2 big parsnip finely sliced (just the thick part)
- 1/4 cup of oil of choice
- generous pinch of salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 TBSP fresh thyme
- 2 TBSP of fresh rosemary and a pinch of chili or cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- Slice the mushrooms into 2 cm pieces
- In a bowl gently mix the mushrooms with oil and all of the herbs and spices
- Chop the onion and peppers into 2 cm chunks
- Slice the carrots and parsnips into thin slices (crisp thickness)
- Alternate veggies and mushrooms onto a wooden barbecue stick and bake for about 15 min
- Serve with steamed or roasted vegetables. The more colourful the better!
If you liked these mushroom skewers give us a like, share them with your friends. Follows us on social media for more great recipes!