In this salted caramel tart you will discover a beautiful blend of flavours packed on to a delicious chocolate base, smooth velvety caramel with a hint of salt (salted caramel), topped with home made strawberry jam, to add a nice fresh fruity note.
This recipe may look difficult but I can assure you it’s not. All of the instructions are so detailed that you will have no trouble at all, it may look like a lot of steps but each step is very quick.
I would love to prove that vegan caramel can be as good if not better than the normal version, it’s dairy-free making it a good start! I know its hard to believe but you will see it is possible and very easy.
Enjoy this yummy tart with your friends and family, and when they are impressed with the flavour and taste you can tell them to their amazement that it’s plant-based, refined sugar-free just containing paleo ingredients. I’m sure that they will change their opinion for vegan desserts.
Salted caramel chocolate tart with strawberries
Vegan tart with a velvety caramel cream and home made strawberry jam
For the base
- 65 gr. rye flour
- 2 TBSP cacao powder
- 3 TBSP coconut butter
- 2 TBSP of oil, at room temp. (I use avocado oil)
- pinch of salt
- 1 TBSP coconut sugar
For the cream base
- 125 gr. coconut milk (full fat, just the cream)
- 15 gr. coconut sugar
- 20 gr. tapioca (dissolved in 30 ml of cold coconut milk (the liquid part)
- pinch of salt (or to taste)
For the caramel part of the cream
- 40 gr. coconut sugar
- 15 ml of water
- 50 gr. coconut cream
- 5 gr. coconut butter
- pinch of salt
- strawberry jam ( strawberry jam link “click here”) you will need 150 gr. of jam follow the recipe but don’t use the cardamom you don’t too many flavours.
- Pre-heat the to 150°C
- Mix all the ingredients for the base until it forms a nice soft buttery dough, it will take around 5 min
- Use a 7″ tart tray and bake for about 15 min
- In the meantime put the coconut cream and sugar along with a pinch of salt in a saucepan on a low heat, stir every few minutes
- Prepare the tapioca mixture and slowly pour it into the coconut milk on the stove, stir consistently until you get to a thick cream. It will take you about 5-10 minutes depending on how hot the stove is. The thicker the better. Remember to stir it all the time to avoid being left with a lumpy mixture
- For the caramel take a saucepan with a lid and put the coconut sugar and water. Stir for a minute until the sugar has dissolved. Then put the lid back on
- In 2-3 minutes it should have reached a boil, stir a bit and add both of the hot mixtures together
- In another saucepan put the coconut cream with butter and salt on a high heat for a few minutes until hot. Now you can add the basic coconut cream and mix well. If you end up with lumps use a hand blender to smooth it out
- Pour ½ of the caramel cream into the tart base. Top with a bit of the strawberry jam, cover with the rest of the caramel and finish on the top with strawberry jam
- Refrigerate for a few hours
If you enjoyed this salted caramel tart give us a like, share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.