With this great vegan pesto, there really is no need to buy pesto from the shops anymore. Most of them are full of artificial ingredients and preservatives. This recipe for homemade pesto is very quick and easy, it will take you about 3 minutes to prepare. It’s packed with goodies and nutrients.
The greens inside are full of antioxidants which provide an alkaline-acid Ph balance in the body. The combination of fresh basil and spinach make this pesto mild, but also aromatic. Walnuts add a uniquely delicious taste, the lemon brings that freshness along with all of its goodness and helps to balance the olive oil.
It’s perfect for pasta sauce or a toast topper it can be used for a dip or add it to another meal for some extra flavour and aroma. I will add this to a recipe tomorrow.
Vegan pesto with walnuts basil and spinach
Easy vegan pesto with a deep herbal aroma of basil and spinach balanced with the mild flavour of walnuts
- ½ cup of walnuts or pecans (pre-soaked overnight)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ cup of olive oil / cold-pressed extra virgin
- ½ cup of basil
- generous pinch of Himalayan salt
- pinch of chili or cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ cup of baby spinach
- Drain the nuts and wash them well.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender add the salt, olive oil, lemon juice, fresh basil and baby spinach. Blend for a few seconds.
- Add the walnuts at the end and blend again for 10 sec – 1 min. Making sure the you have reached a smooth consistency.
- Serve and enjoy
If you enjoyed this vegan pesto give us a like, share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.