These easy buckwheat gluten free cookies are perfect for the kids, gluten sensitive people and anyone who prefers a healthy clean snack.
Coconut sugar is with low GI which makes the cookies a good choice for diabetics. They are a much better choice for kids because unrefined coconut sugar is much easier to digest through the liver. This better digestion means the sugar doesn’t hang around for long to turn in to fat, giving the pancreas a rest also. If you want to see more detailed information about sugars you can read this post (part 1)and (part 2).
Flax seeds are digestion friendly, full of fibre and plant-based protein, these benefits make the cookies an excellent choice for the joggers among you, gym lovers or any kind of active sports people.
Buckwheat is gluten-free and as it is a seed make the cookies grain free also. Gluten free cookies are a great option for those who are looking to lower their calorie intake in a grain free snack. They are perfect for some diets and weight loss programs. Enjoy them but don’t over do it.
Gluten-free vegan cookies
Quick and easy homemade cookies with coconut sugar flax seeds and buckwheat flour
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP ground flax seeds (mixed into 4 TBSP warm water
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and thinly brush it with your oil of choice, or dust so flour
- In a bowl mix the coconut sugar and flax-seed mixture
- Add the flour bit by bit until it forms a nice soft cookie dough, not too sticky
- Use a rolling-pin and roll out a 1 cm slab. If it’s too sticky use extra flour.
- Form your cookies with you choice of cutter, you can make them by hand. Make a walnut sized ball and push it down on the baking tray until a rustic cookie shape appears
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Leave to cool down in the baking tray before you take one.
If you enjoyed these gluten free cookies give us a like, share them with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.