Pancake day is fast approaching and its good to be well prepared. Pancake day can be just as delicious with these plant-based ingredients, they are so tasty. These vegan pancakes are really easy to make and will only take you 10 minutes prep time. The addition of maple syrup and vanilla give them a marvellous taste.
Pancakes are great for breakfast, as a snack and an awesome dessert. You don’t have to wait until pancake day to enjoy these little gems. Try them for a family breakfast, and don’t worry when the kids want more. Now you can prepare these vegan pancakes with no added sugar, just a tasty as the regular ones but with the addition of maple syrup and vanilla in the mixture.
Maple syrup is with high nutritional benefits, including a lower GI than white sugar. It also contains numerous antioxidants and is a good anti-inflammatory. Splet flour is great support for your digestive system also boosts the immune system, lowers your blood sugar levels and supports healthy bones. Flax seeds are high in fibres, omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidant properties.
All of these nutrients help to make this popular dish a much healthier version of the regular one. More proof that vegan food is a better choice for good health.
Vegan maple & vanilla pancakes with homemade strawberry jam
Truly scrumptious vegan pancakes with vanilla and maple notes
- 2 cups of splet flour
- 1½-2 cups of water
- 2 TBSP of coconut oil (extra virgin)
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- splash of maple syrup
- 3 TBSP ground flax seeds
- In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients (spelt flour, salt, vanilla, flax seeds and baking soda)
- In 1½ cups of warm water mix the coconut oil and maple syrup. Add it to the dry ingredients and blend using a hand blender until you reach a pancake consistency, add ½ cup of water if required. Blend again.
- On a medium heat brush your pan with coconut oil and pour in your first pancake. Leave it to bake well before flipping it over
- Make sure you brush the pan with oil before every new pancake, for extra soft taste brush the finished pancakes with coconut oil.
- Serve with homemade strawberry jam and cardamom (click here) it very quick and easy and tastes great!
If you enjoyed these vegan pancakes give us a like, share them with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.