Whole tahini has a much richer taste and is much higher in nutritional value in comparison to the light tahini. Whole dark tahini helps against anaemia. It’s also higher in protein than most of the nuts.
Whole tahini is easy for the body to digest because it contains a lot of alkaline minerals and good fats. Whole tahini is one of the best sources of calcium which is great for bones, hair, nails and teeth health.
Buckwheat does not contain any gluten which makes it an excellent choice for gluten sensitive/allergic people. Buckwheat has a high fibre content which improves digestive health. This seed is high in antioxidants and many nutrients which helps to boost the immune system.
These healthy ingredients with all of these benefits make the cookies not just a quick and easy snack or treat, they are a perfect choice for a healthy nutritional boost, and a great choice of healthy kids snack.
Tahini cookies, vegan and gluten-free | 2 ingredients
Delicious baked tahini cookies!
- 1 cup of whole dark tahini
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 3 TBSP coconut sugar (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients together and add the coconut sugar if you want to .
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C
- Line a tray with baking paper and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes (depending on the thickness)
- Top with cinnamon, vanilla powder or coconut sugar (optional for decoration)
If you enjoyed these Tahini vegan and gluten free cookies then give us a like, share them with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.