Here we have another great plant-based vegan detox soup. It’s perfect for detox or weight loss diets, it’s packed with ingredients that support the cleaning of your body.
Turmeric and cumin are some of the best ingredients for detox and here in this soup they are not just detoxicants, they yield the unique aroma of the soup and balance the lemon sharpness. Lemon is the antioxidant and detox fruit, the beauty here is we are using plenty of it!
Coconut butter is metabolism friendly, it is another perfect ingredient for a healthy cleaning soup. Mustard seeds are full of calcium, protein, vitamin A, omega 3 and 6 also acids and so many other benefits. The sightly hot taste is a good balance for the lemon. Red lentils are packed with nutrients like protein, minerals and vitamins, very low in calories and fat (just 2% per 100 gr.) which makes it a great ingredient for this weight loss soup. Leeks contain 80% water helping to keep the calories low, plus all the vitamins and minerals.
No matter what the reason is for cooking this detox soup | detox diet, weight loss diet or just great soup lover you will not regret giving it a try. The taste is really interesting and yummy, not like most of the cleaning soups – just plain. Herbs and spices are perfect detoxicants, so it is a bonus to include them in your meals.
Great taste and health benefits – this is an awesome formula. We love this soup at home and it’s a regular meal. Its leaves you full without feeling peckish after and hour or so, plus you have low calories which make it a great choice for dinner, nothing to heavy before bedtime. Last but not least, it is totally unique and easy to prepare. A great choice for today’s busy hectic lifestyles we have all got!
Red lentil and lemon detox soup
Easy vegan soup with antioxidants and detox ingredients
- 250 gr. red lentil (pre-soaked for 4-6 h)
- 1 large leek
- 2 TBSP coconut butter
- 1½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp black mustard seeds
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cube of organic vegetable stock
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- In a saucepan put in the coconut butter, add the leak and all of the herbs and spices (not the mustard seeds) and simmer for 5-10 min
- Squeeze the juice from one lemon and add it into the pan along with the zest.
- Add 2 bowls of boiled water, wash the lentils and drain, add them into the saucepan with the vegetable stock for around 20 min.
- In the last 5 min add the mustard seeds.
- Serve with a generous squeeze of lemon juice and decorate with zest, add a little black ground pepper. Don’t be afraid to add plenty of lemon, you might think it will be too lemony and sharp but I can guarantee it brings a beautiful fresh flavor.
If you enjoyed this detox soup give us a like, share it with your friends. Follow us on social media for more great recipes.